With every new iOS update, there are tons of features which Apple doesn’t talk about and which go unnoticed. In this article, we will talk about some secret features which only an iPhone super user may know. These are simple yet very useful so without further ado here are the most useful secrets in iOS 10.
1. Let’s start off this list with Control Center, iPhone 6s and above users can make use of 3D Touch to quickly set an alarm, adjust the brightness of Torch, open camera or set a timer etc.
2. You can Request Desktop Site in Safari by pressing and holding the refresh button. Also, to close all the tabs press and hold the bottom right icon.
3. Taking selfies especially on the Plus models can be a bit difficult at times. You figure out the perfect angle for your selfie but can’t seem to reach the camera button. Well, in that case, you can use the Volume Up or Volume Down button to click a picture.
4. Got tired of typing WhatsApp messages? You can use Siri to type the message for you. Press and hold the Home button to activate Siri & say “Send WhatsApp message to …….”. Now Siri will ask you for the message, once you speak your message, Siri will automatically send the message to the receiver.
NOTE: Make sure you allow WhatsApp to use Siri or else this won’t work. To enable WhatsApp to use Siri, Go to Settings > Siri > App Support > WhatsApp and enable it.
5. For iPhone’s with 3D Touch support, you can open multitasking by using force touch on the extreme left of the screen instead of clicking the home button every time.
6. Editing your Notes or any other text can be a bit annoying at times. You tap to go to your desired line or word but never seem to get it right at first try. Again, if you have an iPhone with 3D Touch support you can force touch the keyboard and use it as a trackpad and easily access your desired content.
7. You can undo your text by just shaking your iPhone.
8. If your iPhone is running slow and often lags, it might be because of the RAM usage. This might occur mostly in older iPhone’s (iPhone 4 and 4s) which only has 512 MB of RAM but if you want to know how to clear it, follow the below steps. You can clear the RAM without any third party applications.
- Step 1: Just hold power button until Slide to power off slider appears
- Step 2: Now hold the home button until the home screen appear.
This will clear the ram manually. It is always desirable to clear the ram before opening high-end applications and games.
9. In calculator app, you can erase the last value just by just swiping the numbers appearing on black screen from right to left side.
10. In iOS 9 you could unlock your iPhone & the home screen would appear by just placing your finger on Touch ID. But with iOS 10, along with placing your finger on Touch ID you also need to press the home button, after which the home screen will appear. To get iOS 9 like functionality just follow these steps,
- Step 1: Go to Settings > General > Accessibility
- Step 2: Interaction menu & then select the home button option then select “Rest finger to open”
This will remove the need of pressing the home button while unlocking an iPhone.
11. If you use an iPhone with 16GB internal storage, you for sure must have seen a pop-up saying Device Storage Full. To add to your problems, some apps cache data and take up a hefty amount of storage space. To clear this cached data and other unnecessary files you can check out the “Battery Doctor App” (Free) on the App Store. Install the App and Open the Junk tab and hit Clean.
12. You can also measure the elevation of something by using your iPhone by following these steps
- Step 1: Open compass app
- Step 2: Swipe the window
It will open elevation measurement screen. Keep your iPhone on elevation and it will show you the elevation angle from the horizontal plane.
Related: 7 Best Free VPN Apps