We live in an interconnected world and working seamlessly is the need of the hour. Either messaging or transferring files from one device to another might be a cumbersome job. We personally have selected two of our best and favorite picks to bridge the gap between Android and Windows. These two apps are designed for the sole purpose of reducing the time in switching devices for different work like messages, file transfer, notification mirroring, remote camera and screenshot management. We hope you use the best of them: airdroid vs pushbullet.
AirDroid: AirDroid is an Android (Only, there is no iOS version yet) phone manager which is designed to transfer photos, videos, ringtones and any other files to and fro from your device to your computer without a USB cable. You can even manage apps, receive calls, send and receive SMS from your PC as well as locate and lock your Android when it’s lost.
- Calls, SMS and the app notifications you allowed, mirrored to a computer screen.
- Type with full physical keyboard and control with a mouse.
- Transfer things faster without a cable.
- AirMirror (Screen Mirroring & Control), a way of interacting between PC/Mac and your Android.
- Phone Locator
- Remote camera/ Use your old phone as a security camera. (Both front & back cameras can be used)
- Manage photos & all sorts of media. Upload, install and export apks.
(AirDroid is not for iOS but the app is available for Mac)
[wzslider lightbox=”true” exclude=”3465,3391,3393,3394,3395,3396″]
AirDroid Alternative For iOS: AirMore & Pushbullet
Pushbullet: Pushbullet is not completely different than AirDroid but it has a much simplistic approach. Pushbullet can be installed on iOS, Android and many browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Opera. Pushbullet also has standalone apps/softwares for MacOS & Windows. (There is no official Pushbullet app for Mac but there was, we have no idea why the company pulled off the app from the website). Alternately, there is an open source project which works great on the Mac.
Mac App Link: [button link=”https://github.com/sidneys/pb-for-desktop/releases” icon=”download” size=”small” window=”yes”]Click here[/button]
(Download the “.dmg” file for Mac)
Few points why you should consider Pushbullet:
- One App on all devices.
- SMS & Messages along all devices seamlessly.
- Send images and files to friends/self easily across all devices with one click.
- Share Links, Texts, and messages.
- See all of your phone’s notifications on your computer, including phone calls.
- Dismiss a notification on your computer and it goes away on your phone too.
- Text from your computer using your keyboard instead of grabbing your phone.
- The easiest way to get a link or file onto your phone to open or share.
- Deal with notifications on your computer as they arrive.