Samsung, the market leader in Android Smartphones has launched the next iteration of it Note Smartphone series – The Galaxy Note 8. It gained such an early lead in the cut-throat smartphone race since it had both the tech and the money volume to help it sustain in the long run.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Introduction:
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Specs:
Body: All Aluminum Body with glass coating on back surface as well (available in Midnight Black, Maple Gold, Orchid Grey, Deep Sea Blue colors).
Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 (USA & China) / Exynos 8895 Octa (Global).
Display: 6.3 inches Quad-HD (2560×1440) Super AMOLED display with a pixel density of 521 pixels/inch protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
CPU: Octa-core (4×2.35 GHz Kryo + 4×1.9 GHz Kryo) – USA & China, Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz + 4×1.7 GHz) – Global.
Internal Memory: 64/128/256 GB (expandable up to 256 GB – uses SIM slot 2 for Dual SIM variant).
OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat.
Camera: Primary (Dual 12 MP lens with dual tone LED flash, Phase Detection Autofocus + Autofocus, f/1.7 + f/2.4, Optical Image Stabilisation, 2x optical zoom ). It can record video in [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Secondary: 8 MP f/1.7 lens with Autofocus and Auto HDR. It can record video in [email protected]
Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3300 mAh capacity.
Wireless and Other Communications:
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac + WiFi Direct
- Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, EDR.
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO support.
- USB 3.1 with Type C – 1.0 Reversible Connector.
- No Radio.
Things to Note in Samsung Galaxy Note 8:
- Iris Scanner + Finger Print Scanner for premium security.
- Inbuilt Bixby Voice Assistant.
- Enhanced S-Pen features.
- Edge to Edge Infinity Display (18.5:9 aspect ratio).
- Dual App usage support.
- Desktop like experience with the help of Samsung Dex.
- Simultaneous 4k video recording support with its Dual Rear Camera.
- Qualcomm Fast Charging via Quick Charge – 2.0 support.
- Qi/PMA wireless charging standard supported though it is market dependent.
- ANT+ support.
- Can detect users oxygen levels and monitor heart rate too (has dedicated sensors).
- Still, has the 3.5 mm jack.
- Multi-touch screen with 3D Touch on Home Button.
- Gorilla Glass Protection for Front and Back Glass Panels both.
All in all, Samsung has managed to hit the Home Run with this one as it correctly suits its motto “The Phone that has defined Big just got Bigger”.
But what will matter the most is how this smartphone helps Samsung to recover its brand image after the last year’s Note 7 debacle.
Register Now: Samsung
Related: See saved WiFi passwords on your Mac.