Apple offers a very convenient way to connect your Mac and your iOS device by using the Continuity features. Apple’s Continuity features include Handoff, Auto Unlock, Universal Clipboard, Instant Hotspot, Calls, and Messages. In this article, we will focus on Universal Clipboard and how to set it up. With Universal Clipboard, you can seamlessly copy text, photos, and videos on one device and paste it on another. This feature is available on devices running iOS 10 and macOS Sierra. Also, before we get started, make sure that your device meets the system requirements for Continuity to be able to use this feature.
How to set up Universal Clipboard
- Sign in to your Mac and your iOS device with the same iCloud account
- Connect your Mac and your iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network
- Next, enable Bluetooth on both devices
- Also, make sure that Handoff is Enabled on both your Mac and your iOS device
- Now copy text, photos or videos on your iOS device and paste it onto your Mac or vice-versa
NOTE: Copied content is available only for a short period of time. Also, you need to have your devices near each other for this feature to work.
How to Enable Handoff
To enable Handoff in iOS 10, Tap on Settings » General » Handoff, turn on Handoff
To enable Handoff in macOS Sierra, Open System Preferences » General » Enable Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices checkbox
You can also copy and paste between your iOS devices or between your Macs if you have signed in with the same Apple ID. Well, that’s how you set up and use the Universal Clipboard. If you are having any trouble, comment down below and we’ll surely help resolve your problem.